Peter Stormare portrays Sheriff Berringer.
Peter Stormare began his acting career at the Royal National Theatre of Sweden, performing for eleven years. In 1990 he became the Associate Artistic Director at the Tokyo Globe Theatre and directed productions of many Shakespeare plays, including "Hamlet". In 1993 he moved to New York, where he appeared in English productions. He continues to work in both the United States and his his homeland of Sweden. He resides in Los Angeles, California, USA, with his wife.
- Fargo (1996)
- The Big Lebowski (1998)
- Armageddon (1998)
- Bad Boys 2 (2003)
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Huntets (2013)
- Last name pronounced Stor-mar-e.
- Was offered the part of Eddie the Dane (originally named Eddie the Swede) in "Miller's Crossing", but had to decline due to scheduling conflicts.
- Plays in a band called Blonde From Fargo.
- Discovered by Ingmar Bergman.
- In addition to being a stage and screen actor, he was quite prolific as a playwright and a theater director.
- He was accidentally hit by Mark Hamill during a fight scene in "Commander Hamilton". He has broken his nose four times, last time during the shooting of "Unknown". A nose surgery was done in 2008, to prevent him from going blind on the right eye.
- Was a friend of Ethan Coen and Joel Coen long before he was cast in "Fargo".
|Cast and Crew|
|Crew||Tommy Wirkola - Adam McKay - Will Ferrell - Hans Zimmer - Atli Örvarsson|
|Cast||Alea Sophia Boudodimos - Bjørn Sundquist - Cedric Eich - Christian Rubeck - Derek Mears - Famke Janssen - Gemma Arterton - Ingrid Bolsø Berdal - Jeremy Renner - Joanna Kulig - Kathrin Kühnel - Lucy Ella von Scheele - Monique Ganderton - Peter Stormare - Pihla Viitala - Rainer Bock - Robin Atkin Downes - Thomas Mann - Thomas Scharff - Tommy Wirkola - Zoë Bell|