Witches serve as the primary antagonists of the films.
A witch is a human who practices magic. Like mortals, witches can be either good or evil. The origin of witchcraft remains unknown, however witches have existed for many centuries, passing down their knowledge and skills through generations.
The difference between witches and white witches in the film apparently not only their morality, but also appearance. While white witches uses their powers for good and would retain their human appearance, witches whom still in their evil ways and practices dark magic eventually had their appearance deformed to the point that they looked more like demonic beings.
AppearanceThe witches depicted in the film are very ugly. They range in size, depending on their diet; and clothing, depending on their origin. Regardless, they are originally human until the practice of dark magic and its usage for evil turned them into abomination (though Grand High Witch can revert to their original human appearance to blend in human society).
See: White Witches
Grand Witches are evil witches who have the ability to change their appearance to a human form to blend-in with mortals.
- Candles: Materials used to amplify a witch’s spell.
- Grimoires: A family journal documented with ancient recipes, rituals, and spells.
- Herbs and Stones: Materials used as ingredients for brewing and concocting paranormal potions.
- Talismans: Materials used to amplify a witch’s power.
- Flying Broomstick: They are used to fly.
- Wands: They channel their power using wands.